Our Enrichment Activities
To enhance our curriculum and to provide memorable, practical learning experiences for our pupils we offer a wide variety of cross curricular and subject specific enrichment activities across the year. These activities are chosen to specifically to enhance elements of the curriculum and are monitored to ensure that their impact is positive and effective in terms of raising pupils enjoyment and achievement.
Most recently these activities have included:
- Visits to the chocolate factory, zoos, local nature reserves, Anderton Centre, cinema, pantomime, theatre,
- Athletics and sporting activities and competitions with Chorley Athletics
- Bikeability - from Reception to Year Six
- Young Voices - singing event at the MEN Arena , Manchester
- Visits from the Fire Service, Ambulance and the Police
- Visits to the local mosque and visits from specialists in other faiths and religions
- Run a mile a day project
- Outdoor Learning in the school garden and on the field
- Lunchtime organised physical activity and team games
- Community Awards for behaviour out and about in the community
- After school and breakfast clubs across the year
- Curriculum competitions at local schools including high schools
The list goes on and on...