Our Enrichment Activities
To enhance our curriculum and to provide memorable, practical learning experiences for our pupils we offer a wide variety of cross curricular and subject specific enrichment activities across the year. These activities are chosen to specifically to enhance elements of the curriculum and are monitored to ensure that their impact is positive and effective in terms of raising pupils enjoyment and achievement.
Most recently these activities have included:
- History Alive - Victorian classroom experience
- Adrian Bowden Science Shows
- Mini Planetarium
- Visits to the chocolate factory, zoos, local nature reserves including Brockholes, Cuerden Valley, Rivington and Eyam
- Athletics and sporting activities at Robin Park and with Chorley Athletics
- Bikeability - from Reception to Year Six
- Visits from the Fire Service, Ambulance and the Police
- Visits to the local mosque and visits from specialists in other faiths and religions including Hinduism and Judaism
- Run a mile a day project
- After school and breakfast clubs across the year
The list goes on and on...