Mission and Values
With God's love we grow
At St Joseph’s, we work, learn and grow together in God’s love
Parental Feedback Summer 2023
'The values that work with the mssion statement are strongly evident in the approach to teaching and learning. Furthermore, my child is happy and safe at school largely becuase all staff live out the school mission and values in thier approach to nurture and behaviour.'
'Keep up the lovely caring and Catholic ethos that is strongly evident throughout school.'
"***** loves coming to school and that is thanks to all at St Joseph's"
"******* loves school and learning. He always asks to do more learning at home, showing the positive attitude that school has instilled in him"
""**** has grown in confidence thanks to the kind and nurturing encouragement"
Together we will...
Grow and share in God’s love
- Respect and promote spirituality through cross curricular visits, links and visitors
- Provide opportunities for quality collective worship
- Enable our pupils to acquire an excellent religious education through a creative programme of study
- Recognise and promote positive role models by celebrating the achievements of pupils, stakeholders and members of the wider community, past and present
- Promote a safe, welcoming and sharing community with an ‘open-door’ approach
Create a partnership where everyone works together
- Build positive relationships through effective communication with parents, carers and other stakeholders
- Develop positive links between school and the parish community
- Develop our responsibilities as citizens in the local , national and global community through active participation, awareness and fund raising
- Learn to understand and respect other faiths, beliefs and cultures
- Use our talents to enrich the lives of others
Provide an enriching education for all
- Ensure effective planning and delivery of a rich variety of learning experiences
- Provide a challenging, differentiated and inclusive curriculum , recognising the needs of all pupils, whatever their abilities
- Inform and enrich future teaching and learning through effective assessment, monitoring and evaluation
- Provide opportunities for all pupils and stakeholders to develop their gifts, skills and talents
- Celebrate achievement to motivate and encourage everyone to achieve their best
This is how we live our mission:
We are gentle
Non-violence; peace; prayer; holiness; dignity; tolerance of different faiths and beliefs
We are kind
Service of neighbour; compassion; sacrifice; partnership; solidarity; example of Jesus
We are honest
Truth; integrity; trust; individual liberty; rule of law
We are respectful
Humility; truth; honesty; dignity; politeness; keeping healthy; stewardship; sustainability; mutual respect; tolerance of different faiths and beliefs; global citizenship
Reconciliation; compassion; justice; mercy; love of Jesus; empathy; prayer; mutual respect
We are full of joy
Positivity; recognition of excellence; sharing and celebrating success; holiness; love of Jesus; prayer; solidarity
We have hope
Courage; perserverance; determination; resilience; prayer; self belief; excellence; solidarity; commitment; sacrifice of Jesus; confidence; aspiration